YVONNE CUSCHIERI’S DREAM BECOMING A REALITY
Tuesday, 12 March 2019
The Member for Monaro John Barilaro has made an incredible commitment for Queanbeyan today, announcing that a re-elected Liberals and Nationals Government will contribute $750,000 towards Yvonne Cuschieri’s Dream to build a respite care centre in Queanbeyan.
Mr Barilaro said the funds will go to a local charity, Respite Care for QBN, who aim to fundraise $1.5 million to the facility, which will be open to people between 18 and 59 years of age who are suffering from a terminal or chronic illness.
“There’s an incredible team behind Respite Care for QBN and I’m proud to have worked with Yvonne Cuschieri, Paul Walshe and their team to get to this point where we can now make a funding commitment for the project,” Mr Barilaro said.
“Late last year, Respite Care for QBN was officially launched, and this will be a good boost for the fundraiser, to bring them past halfway.
“Yvonne, Paul and the team deserve the support. Their desire to help others is truly inspiring.
“I encourage the community to get behind the fundraiser, and I’m proud to be supporting Yvonne Cuschieri’s Dream with this $750,000 commitment.
“Respite Care for QBN is community driven, for community outcomes, and is being supported by the broader community. It is incredible what can be done when our community comes together.”
Mr Barilaro is calling on his opposition, and the Federal Government to both get involved and commit to supporting the respite facility, adding that the project stems across both levels of government, and the NSW Liberals and Nationals are proud to be getting behind the respite centre.
“This is a terrific project, and one which our community will really benefit from,” Mr Barilaro said.
“A new respite centre in Queanbeyan isn’t just about building the bricks and mortar; it’s about supporting our terminally or chronically ill, and their carers and families as much as we possibly can.”
Share this Post