Share this Post
UPGRADES ON THE WAY FOR PRESCHOOLS IN QUEANBEYAN, BRAIDWOOD, COOMA, CAPTAINS FLAT AND NIMMITABEL
Friday, 21 December 2018
Nine preschools across the Monaro will be receiving upgrades, thanks to a NSW Government initiative aiming to continually improve the environment of preschool services, the Member for Monaro John Barilaro said today.
Over $74,000 has been invested in community preschools across the Monaro as part of the NSW Government’s Quality Learning Environments program, which will fund improvements to preschool grounds and buildings, as well as specialised educational programs for children.
Mr Barilaro said these grants are making a big difference to local preschools.
“In this round of Quality Learning Environments grants, funds have been allocated for specialised educational programs and practices like art classes, yoga or dance lessons, along with service enhancements such as playground renovations or new carpet,” Mr Barilaro said.
“It is the Liberals & Nationals in who are committed to supporting preschools to ensure our littlest learners are getting access to the best quality early childhood education possible.”
Minister for Early Childhood Education Sarah Mitchell said these grants have eased some of the pressure off preschools in ensuring children are getting access to top quality early childhood education.
“As a mother myself, I know that often preschools have to rely on fundraising efforts to ensure their service is up-to-scratch physically, and to deliver programs that are more niche,” Ms Mitchell said.
“This funding will ensure all children have a positive early childhood education experience and actually really enjoy their time at preschool.”
In this round of Quality Learning Environments grants, the following services receive upgrades:
– $15,000 for Waratah Pre-School to build gardens and bike paths
– $6,459 for Braidwood Pre-School for outdoor blinds and cultural programs
– $5,028 for Karabar Pre-School to build a bush tucker garden
– $9,118 for Cooma Lambie Street Pre-School for water tanks
– $3,972 for Cooma North pre-School for new fences
– $6,600 for Bungendore Pre-School for a new outdoor building
– $3,600 for Monaro Mobile Pre-School for art lessons
– $13,680 for Nimmitabel Pre-School for fencing and a sandpit
– $11,203 for Captains Flat Community Pre-School for a shade sail and outdoor benches
For more information on the Quality Learning Environments program, visit the Department of Education website.