MORE BUSES, MORE OFTEN FOR OUR TOWNS
Tuesday, 19 March 2019
People living in Queanbeyan, Jerrabomberra, Bungendore, Carwoola and surrounds are set to receive a boosted local bus timetable, with access to more bus services for longer periods of the day under the NSW Nationals in government.
Member for Monaro John Barilaro said the improvements would help close service gaps in the area, and was only possible because of the strong and responsible economic management of the Nationals in government.
“These new bus trips are all about making life easier for the people in our community, by giving them access to affordable, reliable services, and more of them,” Mr Barilaro said.
“The changes stem directly from community feedback, and are backed by a $36 million investment from the Nationals to rollout the new routes across the state.
“The changes will include longer timetable hours, better access to schools and health facilities, increased day return trips and improved weekend services.
“Since 2011 the Nationals have boosted public transport in our regions by adding an extra 1400 new buses across rural and regional NSW.
Mr Barilaro said the commitment includes:
Buses from Queanbeyan to Bungendore, Googong and South Jerrabomberra
Improved weekday journey services between Queanbeyan suburbs and the Canberra CBD
The introduction of Saturday day return services between Queanbeyan and Bungendore, including other communities along the road corridor
The introduction of weekday and Saturday day return services between Queanbeyan and Carwoola
Mr Barilaro said the improvements to bus networks, together with a brand new fleet of trains for regional NSW, and a commitment to introduce a $250 travel card for seniors, showed the Nationals in government are working tirelessly to improve the quality and accessibility of a suite of transport services right across regional and rural NSW.
“People in regional towns don’t often ask for too much, but being able to get to key places with relative ease, comfort, and without spending a fortune is something they deserve, and rightly should expect,” he said.
Share this Post
Share this Post
Snowy Mountains licensed venues are well prepared for the snow season peak
With the snow season entering its peak period, Snowy Mountains licensed venues are working with Liquor & Gaming NSW and local police to help keep patrons safe.
Member for Monaro John Barilaro said the Government recognises the proactive approach Snowy venues are taking to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for visitors to socialise this season.
“The annual snow season provides great economic benefits for local businesses including pubs, clubs, bars and restaurants,” Mr Barilaro said.
“It’s in everyone’s interests for all venues to be well run and safe.”
Minister for Racing Paul Toole said more than 200 venues in the region are gearing up to cater for an influx of skiing tourists, and ensuring they have in place proper measures for the responsible service of alcohol.
“Last week, more than 100 local licensed venue staff attended training sessions run by Liquor & Gaming NSW to learn about the latest laws and procedures,” Mr Toole said.
“The Snowy Mountains liquor accord is doing great work in bringing together venues, police, Liquor & Gaming NSW and other stakeholders to promote a successful snow season.
“The accord has introduced some innovative measures including a ‘Banned from one, banned from all’ policy for known troublemakers, and a patron code of conduct.
“A new liquor accord has recently been set up in Cooma and is working with the Snowy Mountains accord on a coordinated effort across the entire region throughout winter.”
Liquor & Gaming NSW staff will be working with venues in Jindabyne, Thedbo and Perisher to ensure venues are meeting legislative requirements relating to:
• Patron behaviour and intoxication levels
• Undesirable liquor promotions and activities
• Compliance with licence conditions
• Responsible service of alcohol (RSA) and responsible conduct of gambling (RCG) accreditation
• Prevention of alcohol sales to minors.