Share this Post
MONEY IN THE POCKETS OF SMALL BUSINESSES
Businesses across the Monaro that were affected by the recent bushfires have been given a helping hand, thanks to a raft of financial assistance measures from the Commonwealth and NSW Governments.
Deputy Premier, Minister responsible for Disaster Recovery and Member for Monaro, John Barilaro said more than 500 small businesses in the electorate had taken up the $10,000 Small Business Support Grants.
“From drought to bushfires and now dealing with the ongoing impacts of COVID-19, our small businesses have never done it tougher than right now,” Mr Barilaro said.
“I want small businesses in our community to know we are here for you and we will continue to support you through this challenging time.”
More than $5 million dollars has been provided to small businesses in the Monaro since the grant was made available last month.
- 331 successful small business grants in the Snowy Monaro Local Government area
- 176 successful small business grants in Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area
Mr Barilaro said calls from the NSW Government to cut the red tape made the application process easier.
“We cut the red tape and made the application process for the grants and loans as easy as possible to ensure the much needed cash gets to those small businesses who need it most,” Mr Barilaro said.
Minister for Small Business Damien Tudehope said it was important for eligible small businesses to reach out and apply because they are the engine room for regional economies.
“The NSW Government made a commitment to stand by small business in the immediate aftermath of last summer’s bushfires, and we continue to do so,” Mr Tudehope said.
In addition to the grants, Service NSW can help business owners replace licences, permits and certificates, fill out forms and reduce paperwork.
They can also be connected to business advisors. It’s a complete service. More than 8,000 bushfire affected small businesses across NSW have been approved for almost $95 million in grants and loans.
- The new Small Business Support Grant of $10,000, with 8,169 applications approved to a combined value of $81.69 million;
- The Disaster Recovery Grant of $15,000 with 96 approved to a combined value of $1.44 million;
- The Emergency Bushfire Response Small Business Grant of up to $50,000 for directly impacted businesses, with 458 approved to a combined value of $13.34 million; Bushfire Working Capital Loan up to $50,000, with 96 applications approved to a value of $4,258,605 and;
- Bushfire Recovery Loan up to $500,000 with 7 approved up to a combined value of $839,000
For small business assistance please contact Service NSW, via www.service.nsw.gov.au/