BETTER EMERGENCY CARE FOR BUNGENDORE WITH NEW AMBULANCE STATION ANNOUNCED
Share this Post
Monday, 19th March 2018
Member for Monaro John Barilaro has today announced that the NSW Liberals and Nationals Government will be investing in a multi-million dollar ambulance station in Bungendore.
“Late last year I spoke with a member of the community, Deborah Olde, about the need for an ambulance station. Deborah went out to seek support from the community through a petition and has championed this cause,” Mr Barilaro said.
“Over 2000 people have signed the petition supporting the need for an ambulance station, and I am proud to be delivering this for Bungendore today.”
Mr Barilaro said the growth of Bungendore, the peak hour and holiday traffic along the Kings Highway, and the community support for the project were emphasised in discussions that resulted in the funding commitment.
“With the community’s voices backing this project, I was able to take this matter to the Minister for Health and fight for the project,” Mr Barilaro said.
“Over the course of the petition I received responses and stories from a variety of residents, including parents of young children, members of the RFS, shop assistants, elderly residents and more, all of which were centred on the long wait times for urgent medical care.”
Local resident and petition organiser Deborah Olde said the outcome is a great example of what people would expect in a hardworking local MP.
“John Barilaro listened to our community, worked hard for us, and is delivering for the broader Bungendore region,” Mrs Olde said.
“Thank you very much to everyone in the Bungendore region who signed the petition and supported this project. Our hard work has paid off.”
Mr Barilaro added that possible sites for the station had already been flagged.
“We will continue discussions with Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council and begin the steps to secure a site and design the works. Following this, I hope to see the station built and functioning in 2019.” he said.