2018 BUNGENDORE HARVEST FESTIVAL BIGGER AND BETTER THANKS TO NSW GOVERNMENT GRANT

Latest News


Share this Post

2018 BUNGENDORE HARVEST FESTIVAL BIGGER AND BETTER THANKS TO NSW GOVERNMENT GRANT


Tuesday, 20 February 2018

Member for Monaro John Barilaro has announced that one of the region’s newest events, the Bungendore Harvest Festival, will receive $20,000 in Round One of the NSW Government’s 2018 Incubator Event Fund.

The Fund, managed by the State’s tourism and major events agency Destination NSW, assists regional events in their infancy to grow attendance and boost the local visitor economy.

Mr Barilaro said the 2018 Harvest Festival will help drive additional visitors to Bungendore while showcasing some of the region’s best produce, product and entertainment.

“Events play a fundamental role in attracting both new and returning visitors to our regional towns, bringing with them additional business to restaurants and cafes, local tourism operators, attractions and accommodation providers,” he said.

“I congratulate the event organisers on this wonderful achievement and look forward to seeing our region buzzing with visitors when the Harvest Festival is on over the 16-18 March.”

Minister for Tourism and Major Events Adam Marshall said the Bungendore Harvest Festival was one of eight events that had been selected to receive NSW Government funding.

“The Incubator Event Fund supports new events in their first or second years held in regional NSW and is part of our enhanced Regional Flagship Events Program, which offers more money than ever before,” Mr Marshall said.

Bungendore Harvest Festival Director Penny Kothe welcomed the funding and said that it will help the 2018 Festival be bigger and better than the first.

“Bungendore truly came alive in 2017 with the largest number of people we have seen in the village in decades,” Ms Kothe said.

“This grant will help us to deliver a really professional event, lifting the level even higher from 2017. The funding will be used to provide much needed facilities such as an all-weather marquee, staging and audio systems and power for stall holders.

“We will now be able to host a fantastic event and ensure we accommodate for all visitors.”

The Fund is part of the expanded Regional Flagship Events Program which also includes the Flagship Event Fund and the Event Development Fund.

For more information on the Program, go to http://www.destinationnsw.com.au/rfep.

The Bungendore Harvest Festival will be held in the town centre from 16 – 18 March.